Here is a very comforting recipe with the upcoming arrival of winter:
Chocolate and Pear tart
What is the 'Minority Spice'?
I discovered this spice at Sacré Français Epices. The minority spice, or wild Clausena, is native to the Hanoi region. It has a tangy taste with notes of smoked citrus fruit and eucalyptus.
It is very interesting in this recipe because it will enhance your pear compote.
For a tart for 6 servings:
. chocolate sweet pastry: find the recipe HERE
. pear compote: 5 beautiful sweet pears, 1 vanilla pod and 3 minority spice berries
. dark chocolate ganache : 200g Callebault dark chocolate, 200g liquid cream (100g hot, 100g cold)
. decoration: 2-3 pears, syrup (same weight in water and powdered sugar)
Preparation of the Chocolate and Pear Tart:
1/ The day before: – prepare your chocolate sweet pastry. Keep it cool, spread between two sheets of parchment paper.
– also prepare the pear compote. You must peel and cut the pears into cubes, put them in a saucepan with a tablespoon of sugar then 3 crushed berries with minority spice (score the berries before putting them with the pears to release their aromas). Let cook until the pears are soft. Turn off the heat and leave to infuse overnight.
– make your candied pear slices: using a mandolin, cut thin slices of pears then cook them in a base of syrup for 15 minutes. Leave to infuse overnight.
2/ The D-Day:
– place the pear slices on a sheet of baking paper and head to the oven for 1 hour at 100F. Reserve.
– cook your tart shell.
– remove the berries and lightly blend the pears.
– prepare the ganache: in a saucepan, melt 200g of dark chocolate with 100g of liquid cream. Remove from the heat, then add the cold cream. Cover to contact.
– when your tart base is completely cooled, add the pear compote, then the chocolate ganache. Refrigerate your tart and wait for the ganache to harden before adding the candied pear slices.
Bon appétit !
J’adore découvrir vos réalisations. Ajoutez #amoureusedunetarteaucitron pour que je puisse les voir 😉 et pour toujours avoir la recette de La Tarte Chocolat Poire sous la main, épinglez-la à vos tableaux Pinterest !